MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says he'll commit an additional $100,000 to help support Hispanic-owned businesses.
Walker says the money from the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. would help expand the revolving loan fund at the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. WEDC made an initial seed investment of $100,000 in 2012 to help establish the loan program.
Walker says the investment is part of a plan to support businesses and job growth.
The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin creates, expands, and diversifies small and Hispanic-owned businesses, with a focus in the Milwaukee area.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership