MADISON, WI (AP) - Republican Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is headed to Seattle on Thursday and New York City later this month for a pair of fundraisers.
Walker will be attending a Sept. 23 fundraiser in New York City for the Republican National Committee along with three other potential 2016 presidential candidates. That event is being hosted by RNC Chairman Reince Priebus and Jets owner Woody Johnson.
Walker is scheduled to be joined at the fundraiser by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Sens. Marco Rubio and Rand Paul.
The event Thursday is hosted by the Washington Policy Center, a conservative think tank in that state.
Local union members and other activists in Seattle are scheduling a protest of Walker's appearance there, saying his "divisive anti-labor, job-killing, environment-damaging policies aren't welcome in Washington."
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death