MADISON, WI (AP) - Republican Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is headed to Seattle on Thursday and New York City later this month for a pair of fundraisers.
Walker will be attending a Sept. 23 fundraiser in New York City for the Republican National Committee along with three other potential 2016 presidential candidates. That event is being hosted by RNC Chairman Reince Priebus and Jets owner Woody Johnson.
Walker is scheduled to be joined at the fundraiser by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Sens. Marco Rubio and Rand Paul.
The event Thursday is hosted by the Washington Policy Center, a conservative think tank in that state.
Local union members and other activists in Seattle are scheduling a protest of Walker's appearance there, saying his "divisive anti-labor, job-killing, environment-damaging policies aren't welcome in Washington."
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies