LA CROSSE, Wis. - A tourism tour brought Governor Scott Walker to La Crosse Friday.
The governor stopped at Riverside Park to take a tour of the La Crosse Queen.
Tourism spending went up 5% in Wisconsin last year. Visitors spent more than 200 million dollars just in La Crosse Co. alone.20012784
The state has invested millions in tourism marketing places like the Twin Cities, Chicago and Iowa.
But a big focus for tourism dollars isn't just getting people here, it's getting people to repeat their visits. "And that you only get through good hospitality, if people are treated well from the moment they check into a hotel, from the time they sit down at a restaurant, from the time they walk into an attraction if they have a good positive experience," said Governor Walker.
Gov. Walker also says the state plans to target Western Michigan and they'd like to tap into international tourism from growing places like China and Brazil.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest