LA CROSSE, Wis. - A tourism tour brought Governor Scott Walker to La Crosse Friday.
The governor stopped at Riverside Park to take a tour of the La Crosse Queen.
Tourism spending went up 5% in Wisconsin last year. Visitors spent more than 200 million dollars just in La Crosse Co. alone.20012784
The state has invested millions in tourism marketing places like the Twin Cities, Chicago and Iowa.
But a big focus for tourism dollars isn't just getting people here, it's getting people to repeat their visits. "And that you only get through good hospitality, if people are treated well from the moment they check into a hotel, from the time they sit down at a restaurant, from the time they walk into an attraction if they have a good positive experience," said Governor Walker.
Gov. Walker also says the state plans to target Western Michigan and they'd like to tap into international tourism from growing places like China and Brazil.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather