MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Gov. Scott Walker is expected to sign a bill that would ban young drivers from using cell phones.
The measure would ban anyone driving a motor vehicle under an instruction permit or a probationary license from using a cell phone or other wireless device.
First-time violators would face a fine of $20 to $40. Repeat offenders would face fines ranging from $50 to $100.
The state Assembly passed the bill unanimously in February. The Senate concurred earlier this month on a voice vote with no debate.
Walker is scheduled to sign the bill Thursday afternoon in Milwaukee.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016