CASHTON, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker was in Cashton Thursday to sign a bi-partisan bill into law.
The governor visited Cashton Farm Supply Specialties Incorporated.
The bill provides equal assessment when taxing local farms for equipment used in manufacturing. "It really just levels the playing field here. It will help our rural economy, it will help our rural manufacturers for agriculture manufacturing. So it's something that really is a win win. It was not something that was a partisan bill. It was overwhelmingly passed in the assembly and the senate," said Democratic State Senator Jennifer Shilling from La Crosse.
Senator Shilling and Republican Senator Terry Moulton co-authored the bill.
- Court: Police can take blood from unconscious drivers
- Changes sought to Wisconsin bill to help terminally ill
- Madison police investigate homicide on east side
- Wednesday deadline for Rochester student immunizations
- Trempealeau Co. K-9 leads to pair of drug arrests in one day
- Man killed by deputy was on dual paths
- Immigrant licenses complicate Minnesota's Real ID effort
- U'Ren family wants drivers to learn lesson in tragedy after fatal crash
- Fire damages Winona business
- Psychologist says La Crosse man not competent to stand trial