CASHTON, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker was in Cashton Thursday to sign a bi-partisan bill into law.
The governor visited Cashton Farm Supply Specialties Incorporated.
The bill provides equal assessment when taxing local farms for equipment used in manufacturing. "It really just levels the playing field here. It will help our rural economy, it will help our rural manufacturers for agriculture manufacturing. So it's something that really is a win win. It was not something that was a partisan bill. It was overwhelmingly passed in the assembly and the senate," said Democratic State Senator Jennifer Shilling from La Crosse.
Senator Shilling and Republican Senator Terry Moulton co-authored the bill.
- Family to announce settlement in police shooting case
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Rochester might oust 200 students over vaccine requirements
- Ohio, Wisconsin kick start interstate talks on Trump effect
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant
- Trespass charges for man living in hospital closet
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Powerball' game
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Minnesota House set for floor vote on Real ID
- Iowa mayor wraps up address with bluesy salute to his city