CASHTON, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker was in Cashton Thursday to sign a bi-partisan bill into law.
The governor visited Cashton Farm Supply Specialties Incorporated.
The bill provides equal assessment when taxing local farms for equipment used in manufacturing. "It really just levels the playing field here. It will help our rural economy, it will help our rural manufacturers for agriculture manufacturing. So it's something that really is a win win. It was not something that was a partisan bill. It was overwhelmingly passed in the assembly and the senate," said Democratic State Senator Jennifer Shilling from La Crosse.
Senator Shilling and Republican Senator Terry Moulton co-authored the bill.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- ‘Can we just go to jail?' suspected drunken driver asks police
- Bridge in Buffalo County collapses, causes car crash
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Wisconsin transportation officials to discuss audit
- LIVE Decorah Eagle Cam
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- State lawmakers fear backlash from giving themselves a raise
- Minnesota churches prepare to house immigrants