CASHTON, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker was in Cashton Thursday to sign a bi-partisan bill into law.
The governor visited Cashton Farm Supply Specialties Incorporated.
The bill provides equal assessment when taxing local farms for equipment used in manufacturing. "It really just levels the playing field here. It will help our rural economy, it will help our rural manufacturers for agriculture manufacturing. So it's something that really is a win win. It was not something that was a partisan bill. It was overwhelmingly passed in the assembly and the senate," said Democratic State Senator Jennifer Shilling from La Crosse.
Senator Shilling and Republican Senator Terry Moulton co-authored the bill.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently