CASHTON, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker was in Cashton Thursday to sign a bi-partisan bill into law.
The governor visited Cashton Farm Supply Specialties Incorporated.
The bill provides equal assessment when taxing local farms for equipment used in manufacturing. "It really just levels the playing field here. It will help our rural economy, it will help our rural manufacturers for agriculture manufacturing. So it's something that really is a win win. It was not something that was a partisan bill. It was overwhelmingly passed in the assembly and the senate," said Democratic State Senator Jennifer Shilling from La Crosse.
Senator Shilling and Republican Senator Terry Moulton co-authored the bill.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests