MADISON, Wis. (AP/WKBT) - Wisconsin's governor is reaching out to the President to help with the propane shortage.
Governor Scott Walker sent a letter to President Barack Obama Wednesday asking to speed up the release of money that helps pay for heating costs for those with low incomes.
He'd also like to see a review of domestic supply versus the amount exported.
The governor plans to bring up the topic when he greets the President in Milwaukee Thursday. "My hope is that his administration will be as interested as I've found both democrats and republicans in our congressional delegation to be interested. This is an issue where as governor, it's important for me to be there talking to him," said Governor Walker.
Propane prices have more than tripled in some parts of the state.24188608
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse