Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker recognizes poll workers in an Election Day statement.
The entire statement is below:
"Today, thousands of poll workers, election officials, clerks, and others have been involved in administering the 2012 Presidential Election in Wisconsin. While outcomes of elections are immortalized in history books, it's equally as important to recognize the dedication of individuals all across our state who work hard, often times for twelve hour shifts, at the polls.
"Many of these individuals have worked seven grueling statewide elections in the last two years.
"On behalf of all citizens of Wisconsin, I would like to thank those who have fairly and diligently worked to administer today's election."
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016