LA CROSSE, Wis. - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker kicked off his "Tax Relief For Wisconsin" tour Wednesday, stopping in La Crosse for the second time in a week.
The governor called on members of the Assembly and Senate to support his biennial budget's tax relief package totaling nearly one billion dollars.
It includes the largest income tax cut in 14 years.
A household that makes $80,000 annually will receive a tax cut of about $350 for each of the next two years.20552010
It's not just families that will enjoy the tax break. Governor Walker says every Wisconsinite who pays income tax will also see a decrease. "About 650 million dollars in the budget goes to driving down all the rates. Currently, there are 5 rates. We'll collapse it into a more simple form where there will be four rates. All those rates for every tax payer in the state will go down," said Governor Walker.
The Joint Finance Committee passed the governor's tax relief package last week.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity