LA CROSSE, Wis. - Governor Walker was in La Crosse Tuesday morning for the La Crosse Area Development Corporation's 41st annual meeting.
Hundreds of people came out to the lunch meeting at the Radisson to talk about local economic development.
They also met to honor a few members of the local business community who've made a significant impact. One of them was UW-L Foundation President Al Trapp, who raises and administers funds to promote the welfare of the university.
He says being presented with the Distinguished Service Award is unexpected and thrilling. "I'm humbled and honored, and awfully glad that I've had the opportunity over the years to be involved in community activities, so many of them, and I guess that's why I'm getting the award," said Trapp.17829294
The honor is the equivalent of LADCO's lifetime achievement award.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December