LA CROSSE, Wis. - Governor Walker was in La Crosse Tuesday morning for the La Crosse Area Development Corporation's 41st annual meeting.
Hundreds of people came out to the lunch meeting at the Radisson to talk about local economic development.
They also met to honor a few members of the local business community who've made a significant impact. One of them was UW-L Foundation President Al Trapp, who raises and administers funds to promote the welfare of the university.
He says being presented with the Distinguished Service Award is unexpected and thrilling. "I'm humbled and honored, and awfully glad that I've had the opportunity over the years to be involved in community activities, so many of them, and I guess that's why I'm getting the award," said Trapp.17829294
The honor is the equivalent of LADCO's lifetime achievement award.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles