MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Gov. Scott Walker has appointed a University of Wisconsin-Platteville student to the UW System Board of Regents.
Walker's office announced Friday Chad Landes will replace UW-Madison student Katie Pointer on the board. Pointer's term expired May 1.
As a UW-Plateville Agriculture Ambassador, Landes travels to high schools across the Midwest to recruit students for UW-Platteville's School of Agriculture, according to Walker's office. Landes is also a volunteer snowmobile safety instructor and an active member of the Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs.
"Chad's strong spirit of service and volunteerism makes him a great fit for the Board of Regents," Governor Walker said.
Walker appointed UW-Platteville student Josh Inglett to the board in June but rescinded the appointment hours after Inglett told the governor's office he signed a petition to recall Walker in 2011. A search Friday of two online databases listing petition signers didn't turn up Landes' name.
Walker's office didn't immediately return a message seeking comment on whether the administration ran a check. Landes didn't immediately return an email message.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US