MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker has declared a state of emergency for Dane, Grant and Green counties following severe storms and tornadoes earlier this week.
"The damage caused by the tornadoes and severe storms, which hit southern Wisconsin has the full attention and resources of the State," Walker said in a statement.
"I have instructed state agencies and the Wisconsin National Guard to aide those affected by the storms as they recover and rebuild. I thank Wisconsin Emergency Management, the Wisconsin National Guard, and all state agencies for their coordinated response to this emergency."
Six tornadoes touched down in those counties, leaving behind millions of dollars in damage. Governor Walker toured Platteville and Verona earlier this week.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather