LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - "Got Beer?" could be the new slogan for a proposed commission in Wisconsin.
State brewers are behind a bill that would set up a beer commission. It would promote the beer industry, similar to the milk marketing promotion of the dairy industry.
The bill author says his goal is to make Wisconsin the "Napa Valley of craft brewing."
At least one local brewer says the state is on that path. "Has always been known for our great history of brewing and beer and great brewers and breweries and to be part of that now is a great thing and just kind of we want to tell the world that we're here and we make great beer," said Pearl Street Brewery Owner Joe Katchever.
The Brewers Association says Wisconsin ranks 11th in the nation for the number of breweries per capita.
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- New budget forecast coming Tuesday
- Candidates for Wisconsin superintendent face off at forum
- Dayton administration proposes more energy from renewables
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- Senate to vote on ending ban on Sunday liquor sales
- Injured men flee car crash, one dies