LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - "Got Beer?" could be the new slogan for a proposed commission in Wisconsin.
State brewers are behind a bill that would set up a beer commission. It would promote the beer industry, similar to the milk marketing promotion of the dairy industry.
The bill author says his goal is to make Wisconsin the "Napa Valley of craft brewing."
At least one local brewer says the state is on that path. "Has always been known for our great history of brewing and beer and great brewers and breweries and to be part of that now is a great thing and just kind of we want to tell the world that we're here and we make great beer," said Pearl Street Brewery Owner Joe Katchever.
The Brewers Association says Wisconsin ranks 11th in the nation for the number of breweries per capita.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser