LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - "Got Beer?" could be the new slogan for a proposed commission in Wisconsin.
State brewers are behind a bill that would set up a beer commission. It would promote the beer industry, similar to the milk marketing promotion of the dairy industry.
The bill author says his goal is to make Wisconsin the "Napa Valley of craft brewing."
At least one local brewer says the state is on that path. "Has always been known for our great history of brewing and beer and great brewers and breweries and to be part of that now is a great thing and just kind of we want to tell the world that we're here and we make great beer," said Pearl Street Brewery Owner Joe Katchever.
The Brewers Association says Wisconsin ranks 11th in the nation for the number of breweries per capita.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Man convicted of killing Wisconsin woman buried in basement
- Jury convicts man in St. Paul workplace shooting of ex-wife
- Troopers focus on Interstate 90 in South Dakota, Minnesota
- Woman jumps on hood of car to stop thief
- Judge dismisses lawsuit from teacher body-slammed by student
- Dubuque high school teacher charged in marijuana case
- 18-year-old suspect in custody in Appleton bank robbery
- Minneapolis man arrested in Columbia Heights bank robbery