LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - "Got Beer?" could be the new slogan for a proposed commission in Wisconsin.
State brewers are behind a bill that would set up a beer commission. It would promote the beer industry, similar to the milk marketing promotion of the dairy industry.
The bill author says his goal is to make Wisconsin the "Napa Valley of craft brewing."
At least one local brewer says the state is on that path. "Has always been known for our great history of brewing and beer and great brewers and breweries and to be part of that now is a great thing and just kind of we want to tell the world that we're here and we make great beer," said Pearl Street Brewery Owner Joe Katchever.
The Brewers Association says Wisconsin ranks 11th in the nation for the number of breweries per capita.
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charge following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 27, 2017
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Appeals court won't put Trump's travel ban case on hold
- Pocan bringing immigrant to Trump's congressional speech
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- New budget forecast coming Tuesday