ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Golfers are teeing up for a chance to help out children in the Coulee Region.
It was all part of the Boys and Girls Club of Greater La Crosse's annual Golf Classic. Teams of three competed Monday at Cedar Creek golf course to help raise money for the club. New 8's Gregg Wavrunek, Mark McPherson, and Kevin Hoy also took part in the fun. Proceeds from event help support children in the boys and girls club.
Executive Director of the Boys & Girls Club, Mike Desmond says it's one of their bigger fundraisers of the year and wouldn't be possible without the help of its supporters.
"The Boys and Girls Club has a long history in this community, a long history of success. A lot of people here today are former boys and girls club members that understand the mission of the club, see the need for the club, see the value of the club and hopefully that will separate us from the hundreds of other golf tournaments out there," said Desmond.
This is the 28th year of the Boys and Girls Club Golf Classic.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016