ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Golfers are teeing up for a chance to help out children in the Coulee Region.
It was all part of the Boys and Girls Club of Greater La Crosse's annual Golf Classic. Teams of three competed Monday at Cedar Creek golf course to help raise money for the club. New 8's Gregg Wavrunek, Mark McPherson, and Kevin Hoy also took part in the fun. Proceeds from event help support children in the boys and girls club.
Executive Director of the Boys & Girls Club, Mike Desmond says it's one of their bigger fundraisers of the year and wouldn't be possible without the help of its supporters.
"The Boys and Girls Club has a long history in this community, a long history of success. A lot of people here today are former boys and girls club members that understand the mission of the club, see the need for the club, see the value of the club and hopefully that will separate us from the hundreds of other golf tournaments out there," said Desmond.
This is the 28th year of the Boys and Girls Club Golf Classic.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns