HOLMEN, WI - It's the golden anniversary this year for Kornfest in Holmen.
There will be plenty of entertainment, carnival rides, and of course corn for the celebration this weekend.
The festival opens Friday night, but the 3,500 chicken dinners and more than 20,000 ears of corn won't show up until Saturday.
For the organizers, making it to 50 years is a big deal. "To have all of the veterans that have participated for so many years that have been able to make this thing happen and start it and get it going and how much it's grown since the days of old when they used to just come from the cannery and dump a truck load of corn on the ground," said the Commander of Holmen's American Legion Post 284 Bryan Taylor.21493958
Tents will be open around 6pm Friday with a fireworks show wrapping up the night at 9 p.m. On Saturday morning, the parade starts at 11 a.m.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016