HOLMEN, WI - It's the golden anniversary this year for Kornfest in Holmen.
There will be plenty of entertainment, carnival rides, and of course corn for the celebration this weekend.
The festival opens Friday night, but the 3,500 chicken dinners and more than 20,000 ears of corn won't show up until Saturday.
For the organizers, making it to 50 years is a big deal. "To have all of the veterans that have participated for so many years that have been able to make this thing happen and start it and get it going and how much it's grown since the days of old when they used to just come from the cannery and dump a truck load of corn on the ground," said the Commander of Holmen's American Legion Post 284 Bryan Taylor.21493958
Tents will be open around 6pm Friday with a fireworks show wrapping up the night at 9 p.m. On Saturday morning, the parade starts at 11 a.m.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns