LA CROSSE, WI - Hundreds of women came together Wednesday in the fight against heart disease.
It was the third annual Go Red For Women Luncheon at the Waterfront.
250 Women and some men are doing their part to raise awareness for the number one killer among women. One in three women will die of heart disease.
Organizers hope these efforts lead to a day they won't need the luncheon. "Ideally, we want to prevent heart disease so it doesn't get to the having to take care of it, but in all reality we also need to research ways to take care of broken hearts," said Go Red's La Crosse Director Renee Davis.
News 8's Jennifer Livingston emceed the event. The group is hoping to raise $30,000 for education and research.21160118
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Man died after kayak capsized, Des Moines authorities say
- Man fatally shot in Waterloo, authorities say