ONALASKA, Wis. - A local Toys for Tots drive benefited not only kids Monday, but the people who donated.
Globe University massage students held a Toys for Tots drive. For every toy a person brought in, they got 5 minutes in the massage chair.
Along with helping kids, the drive gave students a chance to use some of the techniques they learned in class.17647082
The idea come from the Tonic Touch Massage Club at Globe, which donates its time and skills to help the community. "There's just something about helping our neighbors in a time of need and with the rough economy and Christmas time so, Toys for Tots is a good company and we really just want to help kids all over to have a great Christmas," said massage student Rebecca Felton.
Students collected nearly 200 toys and more than $100.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December