ONALASKA, Wis. - Some Onalaska students had a rare opportunity Thursday night to jam with some of the best jazz musicians in the nation.
The world famous Glenn Miller Orchestra stopped by Onalaska High School for a workshop.
The band has been playing for more than 60 years, mostly jazz and swing music.
All interested student musicians could take part in different clinics and learn directly from the professionals.19905842
"We're really excited about the jazz education component with the clinics, I think that's really going to inspire the next generation to play music like the Glenn Miller Orchestra plays," said Onalaska Band Director Dawson Strutt.
The Orchestra also put on a concert. Dave and Barb Skogen sponsored the clinic and concert.
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines