ONALASKA, Wis. - Some Onalaska students had a rare opportunity Thursday night to jam with some of the best jazz musicians in the nation.
The world famous Glenn Miller Orchestra stopped by Onalaska High School for a workshop.
The band has been playing for more than 60 years, mostly jazz and swing music.
All interested student musicians could take part in different clinics and learn directly from the professionals.19905842
"We're really excited about the jazz education component with the clinics, I think that's really going to inspire the next generation to play music like the Glenn Miller Orchestra plays," said Onalaska Band Director Dawson Strutt.
The Orchestra also put on a concert. Dave and Barb Skogen sponsored the clinic and concert.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure