CHICAGO, Illinois - The 50-year-old man arrested in La Crosse during a house raid on the city's south side on April 4 pleaded not guilty to federal drug charges.
Authorities said Walter Blackman, of Gary, Indiana, is part of a Chicago street gang called the "Black Disciples."
Blackman was renting a house at 4330 Verchota Street in La Crosse in April when field agents from the Milwaukee field office raided the house for a case the Chicago FBI has been working on. The FBI investigation led to the seizure of more than 1.3 kilograms of crack cocaine and .44 kilograms of heroin, and the recovery of about 39 firearms.20944228
Blackman remains in federal custody in Chicago. He was indicted on ten counts of distribution of narcotics. His next scheduled court date is an August 22 status hearing.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin