CHICAGO, Illinois - The 50-year-old man arrested in La Crosse during a house raid on the city's south side on April 4 pleaded not guilty to federal drug charges.
Authorities said Walter Blackman, of Gary, Indiana, is part of a Chicago street gang called the "Black Disciples."
Blackman was renting a house at 4330 Verchota Street in La Crosse in April when field agents from the Milwaukee field office raided the house for a case the Chicago FBI has been working on. The FBI investigation led to the seizure of more than 1.3 kilograms of crack cocaine and .44 kilograms of heroin, and the recovery of about 39 firearms.20944228
Blackman remains in federal custody in Chicago. He was indicted on ten counts of distribution of narcotics. His next scheduled court date is an August 22 status hearing.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota