MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- State election officials have cleared the way for a recall election against another GOP state senator, this time Sen. Robert Cowles.
The Green Bay lawmaker becomes the fifth Republican who is all but certain to face a recall election this summer. One other Republican senator and three Democratic senators are also being targeted for recalls.
Republicans have challenged some of the recall efforts against them. But the state Government Accountability Board has tossed most of the challenges, including those against Cowles on Tuesday.
Those senators could decide to challenge the GAB's decisions in court.
The nine lawmakers came under fire because of their support for, or opposition to, Republican Gov. Scott Walker's legislation that cut collective bargaining rights for most public employees.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest