MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- State election officials have cleared the way for a recall election against another GOP state senator, this time Sen. Robert Cowles.
The Green Bay lawmaker becomes the fifth Republican who is all but certain to face a recall election this summer. One other Republican senator and three Democratic senators are also being targeted for recalls.
Republicans have challenged some of the recall efforts against them. But the state Government Accountability Board has tossed most of the challenges, including those against Cowles on Tuesday.
Those senators could decide to challenge the GAB's decisions in court.
The nine lawmakers came under fire because of their support for, or opposition to, Republican Gov. Scott Walker's legislation that cut collective bargaining rights for most public employees.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership