LA CROSSE, WI - La Crosse County officials are still trying to figure out what to do with the Administrative Center.
The aging building is in need of some maintenance, asbestos removal, and is underutilized.
The committee working on the project looked at two reports Thursday.
The first proposed building a new center on the parking lot across from the county jail. The second looked at how much space each county department actually needs. "The answer may be we have to remodel it and we stay right here and we figure out how to make the transition, but before we do that, we want to compare all costs for staying here versus the alternative cost of moving," said La Crosse Co. Administrator Steve O'Malley.
An outside company's offer to buy the Administrative Center and turn it into student housing has been filed, but no decision will be made until after more studies.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure