LA CROSSE, WI - La Crosse County officials are still trying to figure out what to do with the Administrative Center.
The aging building is in need of some maintenance, asbestos removal, and is underutilized.
The committee working on the project looked at two reports Thursday.
The first proposed building a new center on the parking lot across from the county jail. The second looked at how much space each county department actually needs. "The answer may be we have to remodel it and we stay right here and we figure out how to make the transition, but before we do that, we want to compare all costs for staying here versus the alternative cost of moving," said La Crosse Co. Administrator Steve O'Malley.
An outside company's offer to buy the Administrative Center and turn it into student housing has been filed, but no decision will be made until after more studies.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion