MILWAUKEE (AP) - A fugitive managed to escape a large contingency of Milwaukee police officers and federal marshals by scaling the balconies of a downtown high-rise apartment building.
About a dozen deputy marshals and several dozen police officers descended on the Juneau Village Towers Tuesday evening on a tip the armed robbery suspect on bail for federal drug charges was in a seventh-floor apartment.
Police say Jonny Lopez escaped and scaled balconies down to the third floor. Police say he somehow made his way back into the building, which prompted a search that lasted five hours.
Apartment residents were screened as they entered and exited the building. Lopez was not located.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers