LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The cold weather is creating leaky roofs for business throughout Coulee Region.
Colder temperatures are freezing drainage pipes of businesses with flat commercial roofs. The frozen pipes are keeping built up water on the roof from draining properly. The water then leaks, causing damage inside the building.
Roofing companies say there is no long term fix besides warmer temperatures thawing the pipes. However, they do encourage business owners to have their roofs looked at once temperatures warm up.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns