An unusual rescue took place on Lake Tomah Wednesday evening.
A goose was stuck in the ice and apparently had been there since Sunday.
Several community members became concerned for the welfare of the goose and started rallying people to find a way to save the bird.
One person even started a Facebook group called "Save Ferris (the goose)" to get the word out about the predicament.
Two small boats with four people were able to go out on the ice and save the goose around 6:00 p.m. Wednesday night.
One witness says it appears the goose's wing is broken. She says they've contacted a few animal rehabilitation facilities to see if they would be willing to nurse it back to health.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.