An unusual rescue took place on Lake Tomah Wednesday evening.
A goose was stuck in the ice and apparently had been there since Sunday.
Several community members became concerned for the welfare of the goose and started rallying people to find a way to save the bird.
One person even started a Facebook group called "Save Ferris (the goose)" to get the word out about the predicament.
Two small boats with four people were able to go out on the ice and save the goose around 6:00 p.m. Wednesday night.
One witness says it appears the goose's wing is broken. She says they've contacted a few animal rehabilitation facilities to see if they would be willing to nurse it back to health.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers