LA CROSSE, Wis. - Downtown La Crosse businesses are hoping you'll take a stroll through them sometime in the next month. Friday night kicks off the annual Downtown Walkaround.
It's a month-long even hosted by Downtown Mainstreet, Mayo Clinic Health System, and 50 businesses.
The idea is for people living in the area to explore the variety of shops available and go out for a walk. "It's an opportunity for people to get in shape, get fit, walk around downtown, and also discover all of the stores, all of the businesses we have in downtown La Crosse," said Robin Moses of Downtown Mainstreet.
Everything starts at 5:00 p.m. Friday afternoon at Cameron Park.
There's a stamp card to fill out as you visit businesses, and people who visit at least half of the stores are eligible for prizes.19997116
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay