LA CROSSE, Wis. - Downtown La Crosse businesses are hoping you'll take a stroll through them sometime in the next month. Friday night kicks off the annual Downtown Walkaround.
It's a month-long even hosted by Downtown Mainstreet, Mayo Clinic Health System, and 50 businesses.
The idea is for people living in the area to explore the variety of shops available and go out for a walk. "It's an opportunity for people to get in shape, get fit, walk around downtown, and also discover all of the stores, all of the businesses we have in downtown La Crosse," said Robin Moses of Downtown Mainstreet.
Everything starts at 5:00 p.m. Friday afternoon at Cameron Park.
There's a stamp card to fill out as you visit businesses, and people who visit at least half of the stores are eligible for prizes.19997116
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore