TOWN OF CAMPBELL, Wis. (WKBT) - A fire in French Island Sunday morning sent one person to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
It happened inside of one of the apartments in War-Leh Manor on Plainview Road.
When firefighters first entered the complex, they found the halls filled with smoke. They later found a resident trapped in their apartment.
The resident was then transported to by ambulance with life-threatening injuries.
The fire department believes the fire started from a cooking appliance.
No other information has been released.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building