LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Freedom Fest was cut short Saturday night because of the weather.
Sunday crews tore down the Freedom Fest stage. It's a process that began overnight and takes as long as 6 hours.
The money from the event will go towards scholarships as well as the Hall of Honor under UW-L's Veteran's Memorial Complex.
"We're looking at ways to how to make it up for the crowd from last night I know we had a lot of Huey Lewis fans in the crowd and would like to do something for them, so we'll see what the weeks to come bring and try to put something together," said Pat Stephens one of the Freedom Fest Board of Directors.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget