ONALASKA, Wis. - There will be free live music and children's games during "Soberfest 2013" on Saturday, June 29.
The family-friendly event will be held at the First Free Church parking lot, 123 Mason Street in Onalaska from 4:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., after the Onalaska fireworks display.
This is the second year Soberfest has been provided in the Coulee Region.
"Wisconsin and the Coulee Region are confronted with a staggering problem of alcohol and substance abuse," First Free Church Youth Pastor Joe Rigelsky said. "It is imperative that area churches, health care providers, and other nonprofit organizations partner with community leaders to promote family values, educate the public, and provide a safe, fun-filled, alcohol-free environment."
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser