LA CROSSE. Wis. - More than $70,000 will go to benefit a number of organizations in the community.
The Franciscan Healthcare Auxiliary presented 13 checks Wednesday.
All of the money raised came from three events that were part of the Tiny Tim Gala during the past holiday season.
It's the 26th year of the fundraiser, and so far nearly $900,000 has been handed out to help various organizations. "It's always our best day because this is when we get to hand out the money we made, and this year we made $71,000 and all of our charities benefited from that," said Tiny Tim Gala Co-Chair Karen Matzke.18544758
Some of the charities that did benefit include the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater La Crosse, the YWCA Casa For Kids program, the Franciscan Skemp Auxiliary, the St. Clare Health Mission, and Bluff Country Family Resources.
Organizers have already scheduled the next gala for the end of November.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December