LA CROSSE. Wis. - More than $70,000 will go to benefit a number of organizations in the community.
The Franciscan Healthcare Auxiliary presented 13 checks Wednesday.
All of the money raised came from three events that were part of the Tiny Tim Gala during the past holiday season.
It's the 26th year of the fundraiser, and so far nearly $900,000 has been handed out to help various organizations. "It's always our best day because this is when we get to hand out the money we made, and this year we made $71,000 and all of our charities benefited from that," said Tiny Tim Gala Co-Chair Karen Matzke.18544758
Some of the charities that did benefit include the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater La Crosse, the YWCA Casa For Kids program, the Franciscan Skemp Auxiliary, the St. Clare Health Mission, and Bluff Country Family Resources.
Organizers have already scheduled the next gala for the end of November.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership