LA CROSSE, Wis. - A basic introduction to everything frac sand mining was held in La Crosse Tuesday. It was Frac Sand 101 at the Radisson.
A community resource educator touched on the growing industry, what's drawing sand mine operations to the region, and some of the precautions that are in place.
Right now, there are several mining operations in the area while some counties have moratoriums and other protections in place to stop the expansion.19691120
The presenter's goal was not to sway people to believe one option is better, rather just to give the facts. "It's ultimately up to the community, not up to me, I at least wanted to provide that factual base of information so that people understood what the situations were," said UW-Extension Community Resource Educator Karl Green.
Sand mining operations have been in our area for about six years now.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks