MILWAUKEE (AP) -- A Democratic primary in southwestern Wisconsin features two candidates running on their legislative experience and two political newcomers running on their lack of it.
The Democrats are state Reps. Mark Pocan and Kelda Helen Roys, attorney Matt Silverman and businessman Dennis Hall. The winner Tuesday takes on Republican Chad Lee in November for the right to succeed U.S. Rep. Tammy Baldwin.
In the state's other congressional primary, Republican U.S. Rep. Tom Petri faces tea party challenger Lauren Stephens. Petri has served in Congress for more than 30 years. The 6th Congressional District covers Fond du Lac and surrounding areas.
The competition in the 2nd District resulted from Baldwin's decision to run for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Herb Kohl.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants