SPARTA, WI (WKBT) - A trucker and former pastor from Tomah will spend his life in prison for sexually assaulting a child.
A Monroe County jury found 66-year-old Michael Delaney guilty today on one count of sexual assault of a child as a persistent repeater and five counts of child enticement.
Court documents say a teen told investigators Delaney engaged him in sexual acts, and showed him pornography at a home in Tomah and in his semi truck.
Delaney is a former minister at the Church of God of Prophecy in Necedah and pleaded guilty in 1983 to two felony counts of sexual abuse.
In Wisconsin, a second conviction of sexual assault requires a life sentence without the possibility of parole.22749098
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked