LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A former writer and photographer for National Geographic and Reader's Digest has his work on display at The Pump House Regional Arts Center in La Crosse.
Jeff Rennicke's exhibit, "With New Eyes" is on display through September 6.
Rennicke has traveled to six continents and has realized that beauty is all around us. He encourages people to "have new eyes" rather than see new landscapes.
"The real goal is to find beauty we overlook on a daily basis. If you can find something miraculous in the mundane, or something incredible in the common place, then you'll find beauty everywhere you look," Rennicke said.
Rennicke lives in Bayfield, Wisconsin. For his exhibit at The Pump House, he tried to capture everyday things in Wisconsin when they looked their best and hopes to inspire others to find that same beauty.
Rennicke will be at an open house for the exhibit Thursday night from 5 - 7 p.m. It will be on display at The Pump House until September 6.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Fatal shooting investigated in Bloomington