LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A former writer and photographer for National Geographic and Reader's Digest has his work on display at The Pump House Regional Arts Center in La Crosse.
Jeff Rennicke's exhibit, "With New Eyes" is on display through September 6.
Rennicke has traveled to six continents and has realized that beauty is all around us. He encourages people to "have new eyes" rather than see new landscapes.
"The real goal is to find beauty we overlook on a daily basis. If you can find something miraculous in the mundane, or something incredible in the common place, then you'll find beauty everywhere you look," Rennicke said.
Rennicke lives in Bayfield, Wisconsin. For his exhibit at The Pump House, he tried to capture everyday things in Wisconsin when they looked their best and hopes to inspire others to find that same beauty.
Rennicke will be at an open house for the exhibit Thursday night from 5 - 7 p.m. It will be on display at The Pump House until September 6.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death