MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Two former legislators and a veteran state representative say they'll challenge a trio of Republican state senators in possible recall elections later this year.
Democrats angry over Republican support for Gov. Scott Walker's contentious collective bargaining bill have mounted recall attempts against Sens. Terry Moulton of Chippewa Falls, Pam Galloway of Wausau, Van Wanggaard of Racine and Scott Fitzgerald of Juneau.
Former state Rep. Kristin Dexter, an Eau Claire Democrat, says she'll run against Moulton. Dexter served in the Assembly in 2009 and 2010.
Former state Sen. John Lehman, a Racine Democrat, will run against Wanggaard. Assembly Assistant Minority Leader Donna Seidel, a Wausau Democrat, will run against Galloway.
No candidates have emerged to challenge Fitzgerald yet.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers