LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse's former school superintendent has been picked to lead Viterbo's education department.
Jerry Kember will serve one year as interim dean to the university's school of education.
Kember retired from the La Crosse School District two years ago. He has experience with the university, teaching some graduate and undergrad classes.
Kember says he welcomes the opportunity to help shape future teachers.20915044
"Our schools are only as good as the educators we put into those schools and the teacher in the classroom is the key to the success of every child. If I can be part of an institution that guarantees that we can have quality educators in the future, I'm all about it," said Kember.
Kember replaces Sue Batell who served as the dean of the school of education for 24 years.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks