LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse's former school superintendent has been picked to lead Viterbo's education department.
Jerry Kember will serve one year as interim dean to the university's school of education.
Kember retired from the La Crosse School District two years ago. He has experience with the university, teaching some graduate and undergrad classes.
Kember says he welcomes the opportunity to help shape future teachers.20915044
"Our schools are only as good as the educators we put into those schools and the teacher in the classroom is the key to the success of every child. If I can be part of an institution that guarantees that we can have quality educators in the future, I'm all about it," said Kember.
Kember replaces Sue Batell who served as the dean of the school of education for 24 years.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser