LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Spring is here to stay in the eyes of golfers.
Courses across the area are starting to open for the season. That includes Forest Hills in La Crosse.
Golfers were welcome to tee off Thursday on the front nine of the course for the first time this season.
No carts were allowed, but the greens were mowed and the pins were in. "We were able to get the high school teams out last night and let them try out the golf course while they're doing their tryouts for the team, so we're going to do the same thing tonight, get the high schoolers out here and get the golf teams and let them have the back nine while we put the general public out on the front nine," said Forest Hills G.M. Keith Stoll.
The course is hoping to allow carts to be used Friday and open the back nine to the public soon.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls