LA CROSSE, Wis. -- Hundreds of La Crosse workers will soon be out of a job.
Food service provider Chartwells informed the state Monday they are laying off 270 employees which includes 184 part time student workers.
The layoffs take effect June 15th, the day Chartwells closes its dining services on the UW-La Crosse campus. The university decided not to renew its contract.10397954
The Department of Workforce Development says they will provide assistance to the employees who are laid off.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers