LA CROSSE, Wis. -- Hundreds of La Crosse workers will soon be out of a job.
Food service provider Chartwells informed the state Monday they are laying off 270 employees which includes 184 part time student workers.
The layoffs take effect June 15th, the day Chartwells closes its dining services on the UW-La Crosse campus. The university decided not to renew its contract.10397954
The Department of Workforce Development says they will provide assistance to the employees who are laid off.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership