LA CROSSE, WI - As the weather gets colder, people who plant and garden outside need to start thinking ahead to winter. However, garden experts say you don't have to rush to bring plants inside.
In fact, plants like Kale thrive in temperatures as low as 30 degrees.
The owner of La Crosse Floral says it's best to wait until the ground freezes. "Don't be afraid of when the temperatures are in the upper 30's or maybe even above 30, because it helps knock down bugs on your plants, so leave them out still," said Linda Zoerb from La Crosse Floral.
If you're not ready to stop playing in the dirt, Zoerb recommends seeding for grass and planting trees.22440854
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser