LA CROSSE, WI - As the weather gets colder, people who plant and garden outside need to start thinking ahead to winter. However, garden experts say you don't have to rush to bring plants inside.
In fact, plants like Kale thrive in temperatures as low as 30 degrees.
The owner of La Crosse Floral says it's best to wait until the ground freezes. "Don't be afraid of when the temperatures are in the upper 30's or maybe even above 30, because it helps knock down bugs on your plants, so leave them out still," said Linda Zoerb from La Crosse Floral.
If you're not ready to stop playing in the dirt, Zoerb recommends seeding for grass and planting trees.22440854
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building