LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Mayor Tim Kabat led the demolition effort of a condemned five-plex building on 10th Street in La Crosse Wednesday morning.
The demolition at the corner of 10th and Denton is part of the City's neighborhood revitalization in the Powell-Poage-Hamilton and Washburn Neighborhoods.
Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area will built a three-bedroom single family home at the site. Construction of the Habitat home is made possible through support from the La Crosse Community Foundation, Franke Foundation and United Way.
Habitat for Humanity Executive Director Amanda Acklin said a single mother with two kids will move into the ADA-compliant house once construction is complete.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Alcohol use among Wisconsin senior citizens on the rise
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention