LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Mayor Tim Kabat led the demolition effort of a condemned five-plex building on 10th Street in La Crosse Wednesday morning.
The demolition at the corner of 10th and Denton is part of the City's neighborhood revitalization in the Powell-Poage-Hamilton and Washburn Neighborhoods.
Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area will built a three-bedroom single family home at the site. Construction of the Habitat home is made possible through support from the La Crosse Community Foundation, Franke Foundation and United Way.
Habitat for Humanity Executive Director Amanda Acklin said a single mother with two kids will move into the ADA-compliant house once construction is complete.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death