MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald says he hasn't ruled out running fake Democrats again in recall elections targeting GOP incumbents in order to give them more time to campaign.
Republicans used that tactic this summer in recalls targeting six incumbents.
The Democratic Party says it will file paperwork on Tuesday to recall Republican Sens. Van Wanggaard of Racine, Terry Moulton of Chippewa Falls and Pam Galloway of Wausau. Fitzgerald said Monday he also expects to be targeted for recall.
Fitzgerald says Republicans will wait until after Democrats turn in their recall petitions in January to decide whether to launch any recall efforts of their own.
Fitzgerald says he also expects a lawsuit to be filed over whether old district boundaries or new ones should be in effect for recalls.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016