MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald says he hasn't ruled out running fake Democrats again in recall elections targeting GOP incumbents in order to give them more time to campaign.
Republicans used that tactic this summer in recalls targeting six incumbents.
The Democratic Party says it will file paperwork on Tuesday to recall Republican Sens. Van Wanggaard of Racine, Terry Moulton of Chippewa Falls and Pam Galloway of Wausau. Fitzgerald said Monday he also expects to be targeted for recall.
Fitzgerald says Republicans will wait until after Democrats turn in their recall petitions in January to decide whether to launch any recall efforts of their own.
Fitzgerald says he also expects a lawsuit to be filed over whether old district boundaries or new ones should be in effect for recalls.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks