LA CROSSE, Wis. - A fisherman is rescued after a fall through the ice in La Crosse.
He was fishing Thursday afternoon on the docks near Pettibone Resort, stood up, lost his balance and fell through the ice. Another fisherman heard him yelling and spotted his hand waving.
Rescue crews say when they got to him, he had been in the water for 30 minutes and he wasn't going to hang on much longer. "If they want to go ice fishing, sit on the shore and cast a lure, we don't want to see people on the ice, we've had two calls in two days now, we strongly suggest people think twice about life safety," said La Crosse's Dive Unit leader Shawn Mahoney.
The man has not been identified and was taken to the hospital. His condition has not been released.17776246
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff