LA CROSSE, WI - It was a challenging first week for the online health insurance marketplace.
The Affordable Care Act program allows people to sign up for health insurance online.
The first week saw several glitches including slow servers and website crashes.
A representative from Gundersen Health System says very few people in our area have been able to sign up so far, but he reminds people it's still early in the sign up process. "We try to tell people try to stay as patient as possible, you have until December 15th to purchase insurance to be covered by January 1st so there's still some time," said Gundersen's Executive Dir. of External Affairs Michael Richards.
You can search for more information on the health insurance marketplace right here on our website.22345398
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game