LA CROSSE, WI - It was a challenging first week for the online health insurance marketplace.
The Affordable Care Act program allows people to sign up for health insurance online.
The first week saw several glitches including slow servers and website crashes.
A representative from Gundersen Health System says very few people in our area have been able to sign up so far, but he reminds people it's still early in the sign up process. "We try to tell people try to stay as patient as possible, you have until December 15th to purchase insurance to be covered by January 1st so there's still some time," said Gundersen's Executive Dir. of External Affairs Michael Richards.
You can search for more information on the health insurance marketplace right here on our website.22345398
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- Wisconsin student wants sex charges dismissed
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run