TOWN OF TAINTER, Wis. (AP) - Dunn County sheriff's officials say a man suffered substantial injuries when a large piece of fireworks exploded his hand.
First responders were called to a residence in the Town of Tainter Monday evening. Authorities say 55-year-old Michael Schmitt was standing in the doorway of a house when he lit the explosive, intending to throw it into the yard. But, it exploded in his hand.
Sheriff's Capt. Kevin Bygd says Schmitt was airlifted to Regions Hospital in St. Paul. His condition was not immediately available.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- House committee approves bill that would charge protesters
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups