MADISON, Wis. - The University of Wisconsin Police Department captain that was fired amidst an internal investigation allegedly took inappropriate pictures of the public, officials said.
Capt. Peter Ystenes was terminated March 12 for violations of department policies that the department became aware of a few weeks earlier.
UW police spokesperson Marc Lovicott said members of the public are being contacted if they appeared in the photos. Lovicott would not comment on what the photos depicted.
Ystenes had been with the department since March 1996, and was part of the UW Threat Assessment Team.
Lovicott declined to comment on the investigation related to misuse of camera and computer equipment until it is complete.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion