MADISON, Wis. - The University of Wisconsin Police Department captain that was fired amidst an internal investigation allegedly took inappropriate pictures of the public, officials said.
Capt. Peter Ystenes was terminated March 12 for violations of department policies that the department became aware of a few weeks earlier.
UW police spokesperson Marc Lovicott said members of the public are being contacted if they appeared in the photos. Lovicott would not comment on what the photos depicted.
Ystenes had been with the department since March 1996, and was part of the UW Threat Assessment Team.
Lovicott declined to comment on the investigation related to misuse of camera and computer equipment until it is complete.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building