LA CROSSE, Wis. - With the recent stretch of warmer weatherm people are spending more time enjoying the outdoors. That includes lighting up their backyard fire pits.
The La Crosse Fire Department is reminding everyone that you need a recreational fire pit permit before you light up. Those permits are $20 and need to be renewed every year.
The fire department says issuing the permits gives them a chance to let people know the rules about fire pits. "Right on the back of the permit actually, the copy that the person gets, it lists all the stuff that you can and can't do and what the requirements are," said Lt. Bee Xiong.19966184
The permits are available at fire station one in La Crosse or at city hall.
Last year, the department issued more than 1,000 permits.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death