LA CROSSE, Wis. - With the recent stretch of warmer weatherm people are spending more time enjoying the outdoors. That includes lighting up their backyard fire pits.
The La Crosse Fire Department is reminding everyone that you need a recreational fire pit permit before you light up. Those permits are $20 and need to be renewed every year.
The fire department says issuing the permits gives them a chance to let people know the rules about fire pits. "Right on the back of the permit actually, the copy that the person gets, it lists all the stuff that you can and can't do and what the requirements are," said Lt. Bee Xiong.19966184
The permits are available at fire station one in La Crosse or at city hall.
Last year, the department issued more than 1,000 permits.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff