TOWNSHIP OF ALBION, Wis. - A house built in the 1800s is a total loss after a Sunday afternoon fire in Jackson County.
SLIDESHOW: Pictures from the fire
The Black River Falls Fire Department responded to a structural fire on Spring Creek Road near Moss Hill Road about 4:00 p.m. in the township of Albion.
When firefighters arrived, the two-story house was fully engulfed in flames. The structure and contents inside are a total loss.
No injuries were reported during the fire.
A second building next to the house suffered damaged due to wind blown flames.
The owner of the property was renting the house to three adult males who were not home at the time of the fire. The Red Cross is assisting the renters.
Firefighters were on the scene for six hours.
The cause of the fire is unknown and under investigation.
- Poll shows lack of support of higher taxes for roads
- Poll shows most Wisconsinites oppose repealing health law
- Democrat Vinehout registers to run for governor
- Trump's approval rating worsens in Wisconsin
- Man who died during armed robbery identified
- Gov. Walker announces campaign to promote veteran-owned businesses
- Witnesses heard engine backfire before Wisconsin plane crash
- Shop owners, police stress firework safety and legality
- Walker approval rating at highest level since October 2014
- Fireworks Recalled due to burn and injury hazards