TOWNSHIP OF ALBION, Wis. - A house built in the 1800s is a total loss after a Sunday afternoon fire in Jackson County.
SLIDESHOW: Pictures from the fire
The Black River Falls Fire Department responded to a structural fire on Spring Creek Road near Moss Hill Road about 4:00 p.m. in the township of Albion.
When firefighters arrived, the two-story house was fully engulfed in flames. The structure and contents inside are a total loss.
No injuries were reported during the fire.
A second building next to the house suffered damaged due to wind blown flames.
The owner of the property was renting the house to three adult males who were not home at the time of the fire. The Red Cross is assisting the renters.
Firefighters were on the scene for six hours.
The cause of the fire is unknown and under investigation.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse