TOWNSHIP OF ALBION, Wis. - A house built in the 1800s is a total loss after a Sunday afternoon fire in Jackson County.
SLIDESHOW: Pictures from the fire
The Black River Falls Fire Department responded to a structural fire on Spring Creek Road near Moss Hill Road about 4:00 p.m. in the township of Albion.
When firefighters arrived, the two-story house was fully engulfed in flames. The structure and contents inside are a total loss.
No injuries were reported during the fire.
A second building next to the house suffered damaged due to wind blown flames.
The owner of the property was renting the house to three adult males who were not home at the time of the fire. The Red Cross is assisting the renters.
Firefighters were on the scene for six hours.
The cause of the fire is unknown and under investigation.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently