TOWNSHIP OF ALBION, Wis. - A house built in the 1800s is a total loss after a Sunday afternoon fire in Jackson County.
SLIDESHOW: Pictures from the fire
The Black River Falls Fire Department responded to a structural fire on Spring Creek Road near Moss Hill Road about 4:00 p.m. in the township of Albion.
When firefighters arrived, the two-story house was fully engulfed in flames. The structure and contents inside are a total loss.
No injuries were reported during the fire.
A second building next to the house suffered damaged due to wind blown flames.
The owner of the property was renting the house to three adult males who were not home at the time of the fire. The Red Cross is assisting the renters.
Firefighters were on the scene for six hours.
The cause of the fire is unknown and under investigation.
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals
- La Crosse County Health Department installs two needle drop off boxes in La Crosse
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government
- Quarry blast shakes ground throughout Mankato