MANITOWOC, Wis. (AP) - The Manitowoc Fire Department investigating a fire that destroyed an outbuilding at the Cher-make Sausage Company plant.
Crews were dispatched when multiple explosions were reported around 4:30 a.m. Saturday. Battalion Chief Ken Cayemberg says the outbuilding was a total loss.
No one was injured in the blaze.
Officials are continuing to look for the cause of the fire and the explosions.
Cher-Make's web site says the family owned company makes a wide variety of private label smoked sausage products, including hot dogs, bratwurst, ring bologna and summer sausage.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls