MANITOWOC, Wis. (AP) - The Manitowoc Fire Department investigating a fire that destroyed an outbuilding at the Cher-make Sausage Company plant.
Crews were dispatched when multiple explosions were reported around 4:30 a.m. Saturday. Battalion Chief Ken Cayemberg says the outbuilding was a total loss.
No one was injured in the blaze.
Officials are continuing to look for the cause of the fire and the explosions.
Cher-Make's web site says the family owned company makes a wide variety of private label smoked sausage products, including hot dogs, bratwurst, ring bologna and summer sausage.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?