WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - Three people were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at Northern Engraving at 600 Brickl Road in West Salem Thursday afternoon.
Members from the first shift were sent home slightly early.
The West Salem Fire Lieutenant Kurt Weber told News 8 a malfunction with an industrial oven caused the fire. When fire fighters arrived, the building had already been evacuated and there was heavy smoke in the building. The fire was contained to the oven.
Initially, firefighters told us second shift was canceled at Northern Engraving, but the company has since told us they are still working and third shift should report as normal.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building