WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - Three people were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at Northern Engraving at 600 Brickl Road in West Salem Thursday afternoon.
Members from the first shift were sent home slightly early.
The West Salem Fire Lieutenant Kurt Weber told News 8 a malfunction with an industrial oven caused the fire. When fire fighters arrived, the building had already been evacuated and there was heavy smoke in the building. The fire was contained to the oven.
Initially, firefighters told us second shift was canceled at Northern Engraving, but the company has since told us they are still working and third shift should report as normal.
- Local event helps connect military families
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Area couples prepare for wedding season