MADISON, Wis. - The GEF 1 state office building in dowtown Madison will be closed Friday after a firefighters put out a fire in the fourth floor of the building early Friday morning.
The fire department was called to the GEF -1 office building on East Washington around 2 a.m.
Crews found melted ceiling tiles on the fourth floor of the building and a small area of flames, which they knocked down.
The cause is still unknown.
The department of Administration made the decision to close the building Friday after talking with Madison fire officials. All other state office buildings will remain open.
GEF-1 is the headquarters of the Department of Workforce Development and the Department of Children and Families.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners