MADISON, Wis. - The GEF 1 state office building in dowtown Madison will be closed Friday after a firefighters put out a fire in the fourth floor of the building early Friday morning.
The fire department was called to the GEF -1 office building on East Washington around 2 a.m.
Crews found melted ceiling tiles on the fourth floor of the building and a small area of flames, which they knocked down.
The cause is still unknown.
The department of Administration made the decision to close the building Friday after talking with Madison fire officials. All other state office buildings will remain open.
GEF-1 is the headquarters of the Department of Workforce Development and the Department of Children and Families.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day