LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The northbound Rose Street bridge in La Crosse was closed for a short time Friday night so crews could deal with a fire in a nearby apartment building.
La Crosse firefighters told News 8 the fire was in a hamper in the apartment and they put it out quickly.
No one was home at the time and no one was injured. A neighbor called it in.
The bridge was reopened at about 9 p.m.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore