LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The northbound Rose Street bridge in La Crosse was closed for a short time Friday night so crews could deal with a fire in a nearby apartment building.
La Crosse firefighters told News 8 the fire was in a hamper in the apartment and they put it out quickly.
No one was home at the time and no one was injured. A neighbor called it in.
The bridge was reopened at about 9 p.m.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns