LA CROSSE, Wis. - A late-night fire at Trane Company's Plant 4 in La Crosse is under investigation.
The La Crosse Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at the plant at 2411 East Avenue Thursday night, and found a fire in one of the machine units inside the factory.
Officials say the sprinkler system helped firefighters contain the fire and put it out.
The fire caused moderate damage. There is also minor water damage.
Nobody was injured and the cause is under investigation.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest